Welcome to the Toronto Police Service Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using the online system allows you to submit a police report immediately. Reports must be filed
for yourself or you must be authorized to file on behalf of another person. If the incident
involves a business, then the report must be filed by the business owner or authorized
The Toronto Police Service does accept reports that occurred inside and outside the city of Toronto.
However, if this has happened outside our jurisdiction, we may forward your report to the local Police.
Please note there will be a time delay.
Please read the following to determine if your report meets the online reporting criteria:
If you were able to confirm the statements above regarding your incident, you are ready to file
your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the
report. If you could not confirm that the statements above applied to your incident, please look
at our Online Citizen
Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- There are NO KNOWN suspects.
- The value of the theft, loss or damage is less than $5,000.00 (Canadian).
- The theft or loss DOES NOT involve a firearm, licence plates, passport or prescription drugs.
- This IS NOT a motor vehicle accident.
- This IS NOT related to a break-in to your home or business.
- This IS NOT related to any form of personal violence including Domestic Violence and/or personal relationship.
- You possess a valid email address.
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police
report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report case number.
- Be notified via email regarding the status of your report.
Using the Toronto Police Service Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the
following incidents (please choose one):
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed by
Toronto Police Officers.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted via
email or phone.
- Filing a false police report is a criminal offence.